NEWSFLASH: Man killed at an informal settlement

Man killed in an alleged robbery. Photo: supplied.

A man was killed in an alleged robbery at a café in an informal settlement in Olievenhoutbosch on Tuesday.

ER24 spokesperson Russel Meiring said when ER24 paramedics arrived on the scene the man in his early 20s  was lying behind the counter dead.

He said the man suffered a gunshot wound to his head and pelvis and showed no signs of life.

“Unfortunately the man had already succumbed to his injuries. Nothing could be done for him and he was declared dead,” said Meiring.

At the time of going to press the police said they were still gathering information.

 

ALSO READ: Olievenhoutbosch police investigating two murders

ALSO READ: Six in court for Centurion murder

Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites:

Rekord East

Rekord North

Rekord Centurion

Rekord Moot

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram

  AUTHOR
Felicia Nkhwashu

Latest News

COMMENTS

Top
Recommended Story x
NEWSFLASH: Man killed in Olievenhoutbosch robbery