update


UPDATE: Centurion family still searching for answers a month after son’s death

The Greyvenstein family cannot find closure: From the left are: Zenaidia Prinsloo, Shandré, Anita and Sergei Greyvenstein.. Photo: Jason Milford

A Centurion family is still seeking justice a month after their son was killed in a hit-and-run attack.

“Justice needs to prevail so my family and I can be at peace and my son can have the eternal peace he deserves,” said mother Anita Greyvenstein.

The body of her son, Ruan Viljoen (18), was discovered by ER24 paramedics on the N14 in Centurion on Sunday morning, 19 March.

Also read: Young man found dead in Centurion

Anita said she had been struggling to get any new information to assist the police in their investigation.

“After a month of speculations and interactions with various institutions we’re still left with the assumption that the driver of a Volkswagen Golf 6 might be the culprit.”

Although the family has been driven to find out who killed Viljoen, they have acknowledged although it would not bring him back they would at least have closure.

“Justice should prevail,” said Anita.

Also read: Ruan’s life remembered by parents

Viljoen’s father, Sergei, said the fact that the investigation was progressing so slowly was very hard on the family.

“We need to move forward so the healing process can start,” said Sergei.

“We can’t heal because we do not have any answers.”

Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to [email protected] or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites:

Rekord East

Rekord North

Rekord Centurion

Rekord Moot

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram

  AUTHOR
Jason Milford

Latest News

COMMENTS

Top
Recommended Story x
UPDATE: Still no answers for two Centurion families