UPDATE: Four arrested after Olievenhoutbosch shootout

Photo: ER24

Four people were arrested, of which two were injured after a shootout that claimed a man’s life in Olievenhoutbosch on Friday.

This occurred on the R55 near Olivenhoutbosch.

Police spokesperson Captain Thomas Mufamadi said the Tshwane flying squad was on routine patrol in the area when an Audi A4 caught their attention.

ALSO READ: Man killed, three wounded in Olievenhoutbosch shooting

He said the vehicle had five occupants.

“The police signalled the driver to stop, but he refused to adhere and sped off,” he said.

Mufamadi said a chase ensued, which culminated in a shootout after the fleeing vehicle veered out of control.

ALSO READ: LISTEN: Alleged Xenophobic-attack and shooting

“A man was shot dead and two others were arrested,” he said.

He said the police seized two firearms.

During the investigation, it emerged that the vehicle had been fitted with false registration number plates and had been reported hijacked in Daveyton, Benoni earlier this month.”

ALSO READ: More shooting spree suspects wanted

He said the arrested men were aged between 28 and 40 years old and would appear in the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court soon.

“A docket of being in the possession of a hijacked vehicle and unlicensed firearm was opened by the Olivenhoutbosch police for further investigation.”

Exact details were not immediately clear and would be investigated, ER24 said.

Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to [email protected] or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites:

Rekord East

Rekord North

Rekord Centurion

Rekord Moot

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram

  AUTHOR
Kayla van Petegem

Latest News

COMMENTS

Top
Next Story x
Another sinkhole threat in Centurion